The BHS technologies for these applications are the Rotary Pressure Filter, Vacuum belt filter and the Autopress. The choice depends upon the process parameters such as batch or continuous, washing requirements, residual moisture, clean-in-place (CIP) and the specific FDA validation performed at the plant. BHS conducts riboflavin tests, for example, to document the CIP capability of the installed filter.
In additional, clarification and recovery applications for activated carbon, hydrogenation catalysts and product fines are solved with the BHS Candle Filter and Pressure Plate Filter.
Select the technical article links below for an overview and detailed information.
The BHS experience covers many applications such as:
- Acetaminophen (6 APA)
- Amino Acids
- Antibiotics (Bulk intermediate and final APIs)
- Aromatic chemicals
- Citric Acid
- Fermentation Broth
- Plant extracts and Nutraceuticals
- Starch (Modified and Natural)
- Sugars (Natural, synthetic)
- Vitamins (including Ascorbic acid, salicylic acid, and similar compounds)